The RAI offers the following categories of Fellowship:
- Senior Visiting Research Fellowship
- Postdoctoral, Associate, and Vacation Visiting Research Fellowships
- Supernumerary Research and Teaching Fellowships
Applications for all categories of Visiting Research Fellowship should include the following elements:
- A completed RAI Fellowship application form.
- A curriculum vitae of no more than two pages
- A one-page outline of the research to be undertaken during the Fellowship. This should include the title of the project(s) to be undertaken, a summary of the project, its research question and intellectual significance, as well as prospective publication plans.
- Two academic references in support of the applicant, which must reach the Institute by the application deadline.
Full applications may be submitted either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Fellowships Committee, Rothermere American Institute, 1a South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3UB.
Applications for Fellowships tenable in the 2017-18 academic year (including Vacation Visiting Research Fellowships for the summer of 2017) must reach the Institute by 30 January 2017.
The selection committee reserves the right not to consider late or incomplete applications.
"The programme of seminars and lectures took my breath away and ensured there was always a buzz in the air. And the scholars I met, from all over the world, challenged and stimulated me daily. My time at the RAI was a wonderful intellectual experience."
Dr Michael Ondaatje, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, and RAI Visiting Fellow