The Institute is now seeking applications for 2018-19 Visiting Fellowships. The deadline for applications is 12pm on Monday 12 February 2018.
The RAI offers the following catagories of Fellowships:
- Senior Visiting Research Fellowships
- Postdoctoral, Associate, and Vacation Visiting Research Fellowships
- Supernumerary Research and Teaching Fellowships
An application consists of 4 elements:
- A completed RAI Fellowship application form. The form can be downloaded here.
- A curriculum vitae of no more than two pages
- A one-page outline of the research to be undertaken during the Fellowship. This should include the title of the project(s) to be undertaken, a summary of the project, its research question and intellectual significance, as well as prospective publication plans.
- Two academic references in support of the applicant, which must reach the Institute by the application deadline.
Full applications may be submitted either by email to email@example.com or by post to the Fellowships Committee, Rothermere American Institute, 1a South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3UB. The deadline is 12pm on Monday 12 February 2018. The selection committee reserves the right not to consider late or incomplete applications.
"The programme of seminars and lectures took my breath away and ensured there was always a buzz in the air. And the scholars I met, from all over the world, challenged and stimulated me daily. My time at the RAI was a wonderful intellectual experience."
Dr Michael Ondaatje, University of Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, and RAI Visiting Fellow