Becoming a Friend of the RAI is a great opportunity to support our mission of promoting greater understanding of American history, culture and politics.
Friends of the RAI make a vital contribution to the Institute’s most important causes:
- Travel awards for outstanding students to research in the United States.
- Hardship grants for students in unexpected financial distress.
- Research seminars in American history, politics, and literature.
Give online to become a Friend of the RAI in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Give online to become a Friend of the RAI in the US through Americans for Oxford (501(c) 3), expressing a wish to support the RAI.
Become a Friend of the RAI by cheque by printing off a form:
For £40 ($80) annually, Friends of the RAI receive:
- A ‘Friend of the RAI’ certificate
- A stylish RAI pin badge
- A copy of the Annual Report
- Regular email updates – the Director’s RAI Matters; a termcard every term; and weekly updates of upcoming events
- A standing invitation to ‘Red, White and Brew’, the RAI’s coffee session every Tuesday in term at 11am
- A warm welcome at all RAI public lectures and seminars
For £80 ($160) annually, Friends of the RAI receive:
- All of the above plus!
- A signed copy of an RAI author's book, such Jay Sexton's acclaimed Debtor Diplomacy: Finance and American Foreign Relations in the Civil War Era.