Board of Advisors of the RAI
The RAI’s Board of Advisors advises on the Institute’s academic and development programmes.
The Institute benefits from the Board’s engagement with its work, values, and strategy. Chaired by Vyvyan Harmsworth, LVO (right), the Board’s other members are:
- In the United Kingdom: Nigel Bowles; Anthony Clake; Sir John Hood, KNZM; Nicolas Ollivant; and Maria Willetts.
- In the United States: William Broadbent; Camille Broadbent; Evan Burfield; The Hon. Christopher B. Burnham; The Hon. Mary Jo Jacobi; Justus O’Brien; and Joan Winant.
RAI Executive Committee
The RAI Executive Committee advises on the RAI’s academic programme, its financial management, and its positioning within the University.
The Committee meets termly and is chaired by Professor Pekka Hämäläinen. The Committee are:
- Professor Louise Fawcett
- Professor Pekka Hämäläinen
- Dr Halbert Jones
- Professor Desmond King, DLitt FBA MRIA FRHistS MAE
- Professor Laura Marcus, FBA
- Professor Lloyd Pratt
- Dr Tara Stubbs
Fixed items on the Committee’s agenda include the Director’s report on recent and forthcoming academic activity; reports on the RAI’s finances and budget; the programme of development activity; and personnel.
RAI Academic Programme Committee
The Academic Programme Committee considers questions relevant to the Institute's Academic Programme, evaluates fellowship and scholarship applications, and reports to the Executive Committee. The Academic Committee members are drawn from literature, history and politics – the Insitute's three core subject areas.
The Committee are:
- Dr Tara Stubbs (Chair)
- Dr Gareth Davies
- Dr Janina Dill
- Dr Tessa Roynon