Dr Spiros Makris is Associate Professor of Political Theory at the University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece. During the spring semester of 2020, he was Visiting Scholar at the Centre for Applied Philosophy, Politics and Ethics (CAPPE), University of Brighton, UK. He has published more than thirty monographs and numerous peer-reviewed articles and chapters in collected volumes.
- Hegemonism, American Foreign Policy and International Society. Alternative Perspectives, Bruxelles: Ėtablissements Emile Bruylant, S.A., 2010.
- Jacques Derrida and the Case of Cosmopolitanism: ‘Cities of Refuge’ in the Twenty-First Century, In Darren O’Byrne and Sybille De La Rosa (eds), The Cosmopolitan Ideal. Challenges and Opportunities, London: Rowman & Littlefield International, Ltd., 2015, pp. 177-194.
- European Demos, Citizenship and Migrants in a Globalized World. Some Critical Reflections from a Habermasian Perspective, In Marco Caselli and Guia Gilardoni (eds), Globalization, Supranational Dynamics and Local Experiences, New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2018, pp. 87-107.
- The Ancient as Modern: Leo Strauss and the Revival of Classical Political Philosophy, In Konstantinos Boudouris (Editor-in-Chief), Proceedings of the XXIII World Congress of Philosophy, Volume 69, Political Philosophy, Charlottesville, Virginia: Philosophy Documentation Center in cooperation with the Greek Philosophical Society and the Fédération Internationale des Sociétés de Philosophie, 2018, pp. 283-288.
- Europeanization as a Social Transformation in a Globalized World. Some Reflections on Chris Rumford’s Social Constructivist Approach, In Foteini Asderaki (ed.), 1st International Conference. Studying, Teaching, Learning the European Union, Athens: I. Sideris, Co-founded by the Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union, 2019, pp. 205-210.
- European Integration or Europeanization? Europe at a crossroads in the 21st century: The civilizational approach of Gerard Delanty, In Juliane House and Themis Kaniklidou (eds), Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference. Europe in Discourse: Agendas of Reform. Athens, September 21st – 23rd, 2018, Nashua, NH: Hellenic American University, 2020, pp. 20-33.
- Politics of space, strangeness, and culture in the global age, In Barrie Axford, Alistair Brisbourne, Sandra Halperin, and Claudia Lueders (eds), Political Sociologies of the Cultural Encounter. Essays on Borders, Cosmopolitanism and Globalization, London and New York: Routledge, 2021, pp. 39-53.
''The postmodern American Political Theology as a reflexive Political Theory: The critical contribution of John D. Caputo''.